Recital Policies and Procedures
Degree-Required Student Recitals
For Fall 2020, Student Recitals will be limited to those that are degree-required. Additionally, all student recitals scheduled for this semester will be live streamed with an in-person audience limited only to members of the applicable studio.
Fall 2020 Special Restrictions
To further mitigate the spread of COVID-19, additional safeguards have been implemented for recitals during the Fall 2020 semester.
- the in-person audience will be limited to faculty and other members of the recitalist’s studio;
- all recitals may feature no more than three performers;
- any recital may only have one vocalist;
- all performance setups must adhere to the same physical distancing guidelines used in other settings within the School of Music:
· 12’ for singers indoors,
· 10’ for wind players,
· 6’ for everyone else
- page turners must be from within the pianist’s own household;
- vocalists must wear a mask at all times, including while singing;
- wind instrumentalists must wear a mask anytime they are not playing, including while backstage, during the walk to or from stage, and during any pauses between pieces;
- all other participants, including pianists, percussionists, string players, page turners, etc. must wear a mask at all times;
- musicians must move their own music stands; crew will move other items during transitions at the stage manager’s discretion;
- recitals may not include an intermission;
In-person attendees will be limited to faculty and other members of the recitalist’s studio. All attendees must wear a mask at all times and will be seated by staff to aid in physical distancing from other attendees, the performers on stage, and the crew.
In-person attendees may arrive up to 30 minutes prior to the published start time, but we ask that all plan to be seated at least 10 minutes prior to the start to ensure the livestream and the recital can begin on time and without interruption.
The School of Music will arrange for the livestreaming of your recital. The livestream will begin five minutes before the start of your recital and will run uninterrupted until the conclusion of your recital. Additional details will be made available as your recital approaches.