Community Music Program
- Late May – Registration materials get publicly released, for Summer Term
- Tuesday May 29, 10:00am – Registration for Summer Term 2018 begins, Room 4097 Creative Arts Center WVU
- Friday June 8, 7:00pm – West Virginia Community Choir National Anthem Sing, Relay for Life Opening Ceremony, Westwood Middle School, Westover
- Friday June 15, 2:00pm – Chamber Music Ensembles Camp Performance, Room 2070, Creative Arts Center WVU
- Sunday July 1, 5:00pm – West Virginia Community Choir Mozart Requiem (with Fairmont Community Choir), St Francis Church Morgantown
- Thursday July 12, afternoon TBD – Summer Strings Camp Performance, Room 2070, Creative Arts Center WVU
- Friday & Saturday July 20 & 21, time TBD – Summer Festival Orchestra Performances, venues TBD around Morgantown
- Late July/early August, date & time TBD – Beginning Group Piano for Kids Performances, venue TBD around Morgantown
- Friday August 3, time TBD – Treble Voices Summer Camp Performances, venues TBD around Morgantown
- Friday & Saturday August 10 & 11, time TBD – National Royal Conservatory of Music Written Assessments, Creative Arts Center WVU
Although the Creative Arts Center is a safe environment, parents are advised to accompany young children to and from their classes/lessons and to not leave them unattended for any length of time. Teachers cannot be expected to be responsible for waiting around after classes to keep watch on young children. Please be sure to keep in touch regularly with your teachers concerning lesson times. If you are not sure about a lesson time, please contact your teacher to make sure there has not been a misunderstanding. Communication is the key to preventing and solving problems before they turn into larger issues. Please be aware that our faculty have extremely busy schedules like you do. When you register for lessons, you have made a commitment, as our teachers have, to show up each week for the lesson/class. As much as we sympathize with your busy schedule and daily issues that come up in your lives, our teachers are not obligated to makeup lessons unless they have cancelled. Please also be advised that no adjustments in tuition will be given for cancellations. Thank you for your understanding.
Students are expected to attend all scheduled lessons and classes. In case of school (WVU) closure or teacher absence for any reason, a make-up lesson will be arranged. Teachers are not obligated to make up lessons resulting from student cancellations and there will be no adjustment in tuition.
Keep in touch
Are you on the Community Music mailing and email list to receive information about the WVU Community Music Program? Our email addresses are used solely for the purpose of the Community Music Program.
To be added to our mailing list and/or email list, please contact Karen Taddie at (304) 293-6946 or email
Because of your generosity and commitment to our Program, we have been able to serve our community for 56 years.