Community Music Program
Community Music Program at West Virginia University aims to provide
high-quality musical training to individuals of all ages and levels in Morgantown,
WV, and the surrounding region. The program welcomes children, families, the
amateur performer, enlightened listener, professional musician, young talent,
and committed high-school students who wish to advance and master their craft. Our music education program enhances creativity, discipline, communication, self-esteem,
and nurtures inner artistic growth. Engage with our community by exploring our
group classes or taking private lessons with WVU School of Music faculty, instructors,
and alumni. Because of your generosity and commitment to our program, we have been able to serve our community for 61 years.
It's always the right time to start, and it's not too late to learn!
||January 8 - February 11, 2024
||February 12 - March 10, 2024, incl. $15.00 late fee
||January 22, 2024|
||January 22 - April 30, 2024|
- Fall 2023 Group Classes & Ensembles
- RCM Theory & Performance Exams
- Suzuki Cello Program (New!)
Meet our Music Teachers
- Tuition Fees, Policies, and Payment Process
- Morgantown Community Orchestra
- Payments will be accepted in person (CAC, Room 4097, 2nd floor) or through the phone (304-293-6946), Tuesday, Thursdays, and Fridays from 10 AM to 5.30 PM.
- Registration forms take 1-2 business days to process after payment information has been received. For the 16-week term registration forms must be submitted during early registration period otherwise it will default to a 13-week term.
- We accept cash (exact change), checks and credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, and Discover)
- Private instruction will primarily take place in person on the Evansdale campus. Selected teachers continue to offer virtual instruction. If you are a new patron, contact the program director to communicate your preference.