Community Music Program
- Mid August – Registration materials get publicly released, for current Term 2019
- Monday, August 19, 10:00am – Registration opens for current Term 2019
- Monday, August 26 – Fall Term 2019 ‘officially’ begins
Sunday, Oct 20, 2:00pm – West Virginia Community Choir as part of WVU Choral Program Concert, Creative Arts Center WVU
Sunday, Dec 1, 3:00pm – Recital featuring students of Senior Instructor Catherine Baker & String Friends, Bloch Hall, Creative Arts Center WVU
- Friday, Dec 6, 7:30pm – West Virginia Community Choir as part of WVU Choral Program Concert, Creative Arts Center WVU
- Saturday, Dec 7, beginning at 9am – Royal Conservatory of Music International Performance Exams, Creative Arts Center WVU
- Saturday, Dec 7, 7:30pm – Morgantown Community Orchestra Concert, St Francis Church, Morgantown
- Sunday, Dec 8, 12:30pm – General Community Music Program Student Recital, Falbo Theatre, Creative Arts Center WVU
- Friday & Saturday, Dec 13 & 14, beginning at 9am – Royal Conservatory of Music International Written Exams, Creative Arts Center WVU
- Friday, Dec 13, 6:00pm – General Community Music Program Student Recital, Bloch Hall, Creative Arts Center WVU
- Sunday, Dec 15, 7:00pm – General Community Music Program Student Recital, Bloch Hall, Creative Arts Center WVU
Although the Creative Arts Center is a safe environment, parents are advised to accompany young children to and from their classes/lessons and to not leave them unattended for any length of time. Teachers cannot be expected to be responsible for waiting around after classes to keep watch on young children. Please be sure to keep in touch regularly with your teachers concerning lesson times. If you are not sure about a lesson time, please contact your teacher to make sure there has not been a misunderstanding. Communication is the key to preventing and solving problems before they turn into larger issues. Please be aware that our faculty have extremely busy schedules like you do. When you register for lessons, you have made a commitment, as our teachers have, to show up each week for the lesson/class. As much as we sympathize with your busy schedule and daily issues that come up in your lives, our teachers are not obligated to makeup lessons unless they have cancelled. Please also be advised that no adjustments in tuition will be given for cancellations. Thank you for your understanding.
Students are expected to attend all scheduled lessons and classes. In case of school (WVU) closure or teacher absence for any reason, a make-up lesson will be arranged. Teachers are not obligated to make up lessons resulting from student cancellations and there will be no adjustment in tuition.
Free parking is available at most times in the Coliseum parking lot located
across from the Creative Arts Center, and the Krepps Park area across
from the Creative Arts Center, and at several short-term lots around
the Creative Arts Center. After 4:00pm on weekdays and during weekends,
parking restrictions are lifted in the Creative Arts Center parking lot,
Area 45. Before 4:00pm on weekdays, the University will ticket cars without
permits. Please be aware of this if you want to schedule lessons before
4:00pm on weekdays.
Keep in touch
Are you on the Community Music mailing and email list to receive information about the WVU Community Music Program? Our email addresses are used solely for the purpose of the Community Music Program.
To be added to our mailing list and/or email list, please contact Karen Taddie at (304) 293-6946 or email
Because of your generosity and commitment to our Program, we have been
able to serve our community for 57 years.