Community Music Program
Monday, Jan 6, 10:00am – Registration opens for WTR-SPR 2020 Term, Room 4097, Creative Arts Center WVU
- Friday OR Saturday, Jan 10 (10:30am) OR Jan 11 (10:00am) – Bambini Artists (ages 0-5) 1st class, Room 4129, Creative Arts Center, Morgantown
- Monday, Jan 13, 4:30pm – Minisingers (ages 4-6) 1st class, Room 4129, Creative Arts Center, Morgantown
- Monday, Jan 13, 7:00pm – West Virginia Community Choir 1st rehearsal, Room 2070, Creative Arts Center, Morgantown
- Tuesday, Jan 21 – First official day for start of WTR-SPR 2020 Term, Creative Arts Center WVU (check with individual private instructor for further details)
- Wednesday, Jan 22, varied pm times – Adult Piano For Fun 1st class, Room 2075, Creative Arts Center, Morgantown
- Thursday, Jan 23, 5:00pm – Morgantown Youth/Teen Choir 1st rehearsal, Room 4122, Creative Arts Center, Morgantown
- Tuesday, Jan 28, 6:00pm – Beginning Group Ukulele for Kids (ages 6-9) 1st class, Room 2055, Creative Arts Center, Morgantown
Tuesday, Jan 28, 6:30pm – Ukulele Class (ages 10-adult) 1st class, Room 2055, Creative Arts Center, Morgantown
Thursday, Feb 6, 5:00 & 6:00pm – Beginning Group Piano for Kids Class (ages 6-9) 1st class, Room 2075, Creative Arts Center, Morgantown
- Sunday, Mar 1, 2:00pm – West Virginia Community Choir, St Mary's Catholic Church, Star City
- Friday OR Saturday, Mar 20 (10:30am) OR Mar 21 (10:00am) – Bambini Artists (ages 0-5) 1st class of 2nd session, Room 4129, Creative Arts Center, Morgantown
- Wednesday/Thursday, Mar 25/26, 6:00pm – Digital Photography (ages 13-adult) 1st class, Room 3113/2067, Creative Arts Center, Morgantown
Sunday, Apr 5, 4:00pm – West Virginia Community Choir, Lyell B Clay Concert Theatre, Creative Arts Center, Morgantown
- Friday & Saturday, May 8 & 9, beginning at 9:30am – Royal Conservatory of Music International Written Exams, Creative Arts Center WVU
- Saturday, May 30, beginning at 9:30am – Royal Conservatory of Music International Performance Exams, Creative Arts Center WVU
Although the Creative Arts Center is a safe environment, parents are advised to accompany young children to and from their classes/lessons and to not leave them unattended for any length of time. Teachers cannot be expected to be responsible for waiting around after classes to keep watch on young children. Please be sure to keep in touch regularly with your teachers concerning lesson times. If you are not sure about a lesson time, please contact your teacher to make sure there has not been a misunderstanding. Communication is the key to preventing and solving problems before they turn into larger issues. Please be aware that our faculty have extremely busy schedules like you do. When you register for lessons, you have made a commitment, as our teachers have, to show up each week for the lesson/class. As much as we sympathize with your busy schedule and daily issues that come up in your lives, our teachers are not obligated to makeup lessons unless they have cancelled. Please also be advised that no adjustments in tuition will be given for cancellations. Thank you for your understanding.
Students are expected to attend all scheduled lessons and classes. In case of school (WVU) closure or teacher absence for any reason, a make-up lesson will be arranged. Teachers are not obligated to make up lessons resulting from student cancellations and there will be no adjustment in tuition.
Free parking is available at most times in the Coliseum parking lot located
across from the Creative Arts Center, and the Krepps Park area across
from the Creative Arts Center, and at several short-term lots around
the Creative Arts Center. After 4:00pm on weekdays and during weekends,
parking restrictions are lifted in the Creative Arts Center parking lot,
Area 45. Before 4:00pm on weekdays, the University will ticket cars without
permits. Please be aware of this if you want to schedule lessons before
4:00pm on weekdays.
Keep in touch
Are you on the Community Music mailing and email list to receive information about the WVU Community Music Program? Our email addresses are used solely for the purpose of the Community Music Program.
To be added to our mailing list and/or email list, please contact Karen Taddie at (304) 293-6946 or email
Because of your generosity and commitment to our Program, we have been
able to serve our community for 58 years.