WVU Symphony Orchestra Audition Information
Audition Information for FALL 2021
For all new and returning string players interested in joining the WVU Symphony Orchestra in Fall 2021.
All string auditions for WVUSO will be by video format.
(Audition information for wind/brass/percussion can be found at this link: bands.wvu.edu/join)
***UPDATED 17 June 2021***
1. THE EASIEST and fastest way for Dr. Arnold to
process your video audition is with a LINK to an online service such as
YouTube or Vimeo. If you wish, you can set your security settings to ensure
that Dr. Arnold is the only one that can see your video and it is not made
- YouTube - If you are using YouTube, set your video settings to UNLISTED and share the link with Dr. Arnold. If you set the settings to 'private' we will be unable to see your video.
- Vimeo - If you are using Vimeo, please set the settings to 'anyone with the link can view.' If you use a password for your video, please provide the video password in the email to Dr. Arnold.
2. You may send a link to a hosted video file such as Google Drive. Please make sure to set your security settings to 'anyone with the link can view' as Dr. Arnold does not necessarily have an account with the email you will use to send the link.
3. If you cannot use an online hosting service to submit your videos, you may submit by e-mail at Mitchell.Arnold@mail.wvu.edu.
Please include the following information in your email:
Year in School
Video Password if required
Deadline for video submission is Friday, August 13, 2021, 5:00pm.
the link below to find the title and portion of the required solo work followed
by the required orchestral excerpt(s). You are responsible for obtaining the
music for your required solo on your own.
IMPORTANT: IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PREPARE YOUR MUSIC AT OR CLOSE TO CORRECT TEMPOS. LISTENING TO RECORDINGS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AND EXPECTED. YOUR FAMILIARITY WITH THE EXCERPT’S PROPER RANGE OF TEMPOS AND MANNER OF EXECUTION IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR AUDITION.
If you have any questions please contact Dr. Arnold at Mitchell.Arnold@mail.wvu.edu.
Tuesday 4:00pm-5:50pm, Wednesday 5:00pm-6:50pm, Thursday, 4:00pm-5:50pm.
First Rehearsal: 18 August, 5:00pm, Location TBD.
At the current time, rehearsal location and
Covid-19 related protocols have not been established. When available this information will be