Viola BootcampJune 17-20
WVU Viola Bootcamp features daily lessons, master classes, technique classes, viola ensemble, ample practice time, lectures, performances, bluegrass/olde time jam session, movie night, finale recital, and more!
- High school juniors and up
- Graduate students
- Adult amateurs
- Secondary violists or those wanting to learn more about the viola
- Younger students will be considered with permission from the director
- Daily private lessons (30 minutes)
- Ample practice time
- Viola ensemble
- Technique classes, master classes, lectures
- Faculty and student performances
- Social activities: bluegrass jam session, dessert night, and movie night
There is every playing level represented at Bootcamp, from beginners to the most advanced. We typically have an equal mix from each category of high school, undergraduate, graduate, and adult amateurs. No audition is required. We encourage a true community of supportive violists.
Arrival and Departure Schedule
For most participants who need on campus housing, arrival is on June 16 between 6:00-9:00 p.m. at the dormitories. Camp activities do not officially begin until June 17 (Monday) morning at 9:00am. The final concert is 2:00pm on the final day (Thursday, June 20). Check-out from the dorms is 12:00pm, before the final concert.
Single occupancy room and meals = $294.53 per camper.
*Prices include tax