Opera On Wheels
With a commitment to making quality music accessible and interesting to young audiences, Opera on Wheels brings one-act operas to local schools and communities annually. All performances are approximately 45 minutes in length and are appropriate for students K-5, performed by undergraduate and graduate Vocal Performance Majors from the WVU School of Music with full set and costumes. A Q&A following each performance allows students to become familiar with the cast and ask questions about singing and music.
Feedback about Opera on Wheels: Hansel and Gretel
- “The WVU School of Music production of Hansel and Gretel was outstanding! Our 500 students were mesmerized by the singing, the acting and the sets.” - School Principal
- “Your singers were able to connect with our students by going into the audience, making eye contact with the boys and girls and especially through including one of our own students in the performance!” - Teacher
- “Hansel and Gretel was an invaluable and enriching experience for our boys and girls”. - Teacher
- “I loved your opera and the music and the piano! It was scary when the witch went in the oven and came out as a cookie!” - 3rd Grader
- “I liked Hansel and Gretel. I didn’t know opera was funny and cool”. - 5th Grader