Cello DaySeptember 29, 2018, 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Join us in Morgantown to indulge your inner cello nerd! Events will include masterclasses with Guest Artist Dr. Meredith Blecha-Wells and Dr. Erin Ellis, technique and scale workshops to help improve those cello chops, and, most fun of all, fun rehearsals with a big cello choir that will perform for family and friends at the end of the day. Come make new cello friends and improve your technique and musicianship while you are at it!
Appropriate for students, amateurs and professionals of all ages that have been playing for at least one year and/or can read music. If you have questions about participating in the workshop, please contact Erin Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org). All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Register today for an unforgettable cello experience!
Music for cello choir will be available for download in mid-August.
Early bird registration postmarked by Sept. 15, 2018: $20 per person
Regular registration postmarked after Sept. 15: $25 per person
Submit your information via the form below and mail your payment to:
WVU School of Music
PO BOX 6111
Morgantown, WV 26508
Please make checks payable to WVU School of Music.
Note: your registration is not complete until payment has been received.
- 9-9:30: Arrival, registration (CAC 200B)
- 9:30-10:45: Cello Choir Rehearsal (Falbo Theatre)
- 11-11:45: Faculty Recital (Bloch Hall)
- 11:45-1pm: Lunch (join us in CAC 200B if you brought a bagged lunch!)
- 1-2 pm: Masterclass 1 (Bloch Hall)
- 2-3 pm: Masterclass 2 (Bloch Hall)
- 2-3 pm: Masterclass 3 (Falbo Theatre)
- 3-3:15 pm: Coffee break (200B, refreshments served)
- 3:15-4pm: Workshops (440A, 200B)
- 4-5 pm: Cello Choir touch up rehearsal (Falbo Theatre)
- 5-5:30 pm: Cello Choir Finale Concert (Falbo Theatre)