October 7, 2017 - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Join us in Morgantown to indulge your inner cello nerd! Events will include masterclasses with guest artist Dr. Lisa Caravan and Dr. Erin Ellis, technique and scale workshops to help improve your cello chops, and, rehearsals with a large cello choir that will perform for family and friends at the end of the day. Make new cello friends and improve your technique and musicianship while you're at it!
Appropriate for students, amateurs and professionals of all ages that have been playing for at least one year and/or can read music. If you have questions about participating in the workshop, please contact Erin Ellis (email@example.com). Register today for an unforgettable cello experience!
Music for cello choir will be available for download after September 1.
Submit your information now for WVU Cello Day
Early bird registration postmarked by Sept. 1, 2017: $20 per person
Regular registration postmarked after Sept. 1: $25 per person
Submit your information via the form below and mail your payment to:
WVU School of Music
PO BOX 6111
Morgantown, WV 26508
Please make checks payable to WVU School of Music.
Note: your registration is not complete until payment has been received.
- 9-9:30: Arrival, registration (CAC 200B)
- 9:30-10:45: Cello Choir Rehearsal (Falbo Theatre)
- 11-11:45: Faculty Recital (Bloch Hall)
- 11:45-1pm: Lunch (join us in CAC 200B if you brought a bagged lunch!)
- 1-2 pm: Masterclass 1 (Dr. Lisa Caravan, Bloch Hall)
- 2-3 pm: Masterclass 2 (Dr. Erin Ellis, Bloch Hall)
- 2-3 pm: Masterclass 3 (Cynthia Puls, Falbo Theatre)
- 3-3:15 pm: Coffee break (200B, refreshments served)
- 3:15-4pm: Workshops (440A, 200B)
- 4-5 pm: Cello Choir touch up rehearsal (Falbo Theatre)
- 5-5:30 pm: Cello Choir Finale Concert (Falbo Theatre)
WVU Cello Day Final Cello Choir Concert
Please download and look through the music and pick the parts in each piece that best suit your level.
Consult your teacher and try to challenge yourself on at least 2 or 3 pieces!
Pavane, Faure (4 parts)
Allegro Maestoso, Handel (4 parts)
Bile Them Cabbage Down (4 parts)
Old Joe Clark (score format, 3 parts)
Scarborough Fair(score format, 3 parts)
Largo from New World Symphony, Dvorak (score format, 3 parts)
Chanson Triste (choose from melody in Suzuki Book 4 or these 2 harmony parts)
Sonata in C, Breval (choose from melody in Suzuki Book 4 or this harmony part)
- Also Sprach Zarathustra (5 parts)
- Theme from 1st Symphony, Mahler (6 parts)
- Take Me Home, Country Roads (3 parts, only 2 parts are available at this time)