Skip to main content
Transferring into the Bachelors of Art Program
The steps below for transferring into the Bachelors of Arts program must occur in order. They apply to any student who has graduated from high school
and is attending or has attended WVU or another postsecondary institution.
- You must successfully gain admission to West Virginia University.
- You must successfully audition on your principal performance medium for appropriate
Music faculty for admission to the School of Music. It is recommended that you
schedule your audition before the middle of the semester prior to your admission
to the School of Music.
- The Coordinator of the Bachelor’s of Art Program (currently Dr. Christopher Wilkinson,
Chris.Wilkinson@mail.wvu.edu) must be able to confirm the result of this
audition. That is, appropriate Music faculty must officially document and forward
the result to the School of Music administrative associate (currently Ms. Jodie
- Following confirmation of a successful audition, the Coordinator of the BA Program
must review your academic record. You must provide transcripts of all coursework
taken since your high school graduation. This comprises any study in any subject
at any institution beyond high school. May include grades for any coursework
currently in progress. Unofficial copies of transcripts are acceptable.
- Following a successful review of your academic record, you must interview successfully
with the Coordinator of the Bachelors of Art Program, who will contact you to
- Following a successful interview, it is most likely that you will be approved for
admission to the BA Program effective in the next semester (excluding summer).
- Following approval for admission to the BA Program, you must meet with the Coordinator
of Undergraduate Academic Advising (currently Dr. Sandra Schwartz, Sandra.Schwartz@mail.wvu.edu) to complete the necessary paperwork to change
to (or add) Music Education as a major and to complete appropriate course registration.