The WVUSOM will make meaningful contributions to the cultural life of the WVU campus, Morgantown, and the State of West Virginia.
Increase audience attendance and engagement for all WVUSOM events.
- Collaborate with the Dean and explore the possibility of increasing our resources dedicated to public relations, promotion, and publicity.
- Develop a named lecture series to enhance offerings to students and the community.
Increase outreach activities and contribute to the cultural climate of West Virginia.
- Increase course offerings and ensemble opportunities for non-traditional students and members of the community.
- Promote WVU ensembles as ambassadors of artistic excellence to the state and larger region
- Review the potential for educational partnerships with institutions and off-campus programs within the state.
- Expand Community Music offerings for all ages.
- Offer free educational programming to the community through on and off campus outreach.
- Nurture and support School of Music outreach activities in the community, state, and region.
- Identify and develop distance learning opportunities for the citizens of West Virginia.
- Expand outreach to secondary school (9-12) teachers such as workshops, lectures, consulting, and artistic guidance.
- Investigate the feasibility and implementation of School and College support for outreach to senior citizen centers and retirement communities, to include transportation to and from School of Music concerts, ticket distribution, presentations, and short recitals.